Jackson Hole is one of my most favorite destinations I have traveled to, and I cannot wait to go back in 2021. In this Jackson Hole winter travel guide I will be sharing everything you need to know about Jackson Hole – where to stay, where to eat and drink, and what to do! This Jackson Hole winter travel guide is what I loved while I visited Jackson!
Jackson Hole Winter Travel Guide
Where to Stay
There are a lot of great options of places to stay in the Jackson Hole area. Here are my top 3 recommendations:
This is where I stayed and absolutely loved it! We didn’t have a car while we were there, so staying at a location so close to downtown was a must for us. The Antler Inn is just a few minutes walk from Jackson Town Square, so you can easily walk to all the restaurants even when it is freezing outside! The Antler Inn is also very affordable, and has super cute
There are some great Airbnb and house rentals in the Jackson area. Personally we did not choose to stay at one as we did not have a car and a lot were out of the way. This would be a great option if you are visiting with a larger group and have a car!
Teton Mountain Lodge and Spa
If you are planning on spending most or all of your time skiing, then this is the best choice for you! Located right next to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort this hotel is beautiful, but is on the pricier side.
Where to Eat & Drink
There were so many good food places in Jackson! Here were my favorites:
- Hatch Taqueria and Tequilas: This restaurant has some of the BEST Mexican food I have ever had. You absolutely cannot miss
- Teton Thai: Teton Thai is in Teton Village and had such great Thai food!
- Jackson Drug: Such good burgers and fries! They also have alcoholic milkshakes which were AMAZING!
- Snake River Brewing: Great burgers and beer!
There are also a lot of great bars and places to drink! These are the places you can’t miss:
- Mangy Moose: The Mangy Moose is in Teton Village and is so much fun! It had live music and great drinks.
- Million Dollar Cowboy Bar: You can’t go to Wyoming and not visit a cowboy bar! This bar played great country music and had everybody up and dancing!
Jackson Hole Winter Travel Guide: What to Do
There is so much to do in Jackson Hole other than just skiing! We actually didn’t ski at all, and we were so busy for the week we were there. Here are my Jackson Hole winter travel guide things to do!
- Dog Sledding: This was a highlight of my Jackson Hole trip! We went dogsledding with Jackson Hole Continental Divide Dog Sled Adventures, and I could not recommend them more! I got to have a turn of controlling the sled, and we got to play with all the cute puppies as well.
- Explore the town square: The town square is such a cute area! It has the iconic antler arches, and so many cute little stores and restaurants. There was also wall art that is super cute for photos!
- Snowshoeing: Snowshoeing was such a fun experience, and unlike anything I had ever done before. We went with Ecotour Adventures, and had a great time snowshoeing and seeing all the local wildlife.
- Snowmobiling: Snowmobiling is so much fun! It’s kind of like a jet ski on land. We did the Granite Hot Springs Tour with Togwotee Adventures and I cannot recommend it enough! We snowmobiled to the hot springs and got to swim in them which was amazing.
- Elk Refuge: At the Elk Refuge they have sleigh rides that take you out into the refuge and you can get super close to all the elk!
- Visit Yellowstone National Park: You can’t visit Jackson Hole and not make the trip out to Yellowstone! During the winter you need to book a tour, and we went with Scenic Safaris and had a great experience. Seeing Old Faithful was amazing, and the whole park was so beautiful.
- Tubing: We went tubing at Snow King Mountain and it was the best time! I had never been tubing before and absolutely loved it.
- Ride the gondola: You can ride the gondola to the top of Jackson Hole Mountain, and it has fantastic views. Unfortunately, the day we did it there was so much snow and fog that we couldn’t see anything! There is a waffle shack at the top too, so at least we got some waffles!
That’s a wrap on my Jackson Hole winter travel guide! I hope you enjoyed reading my Jackson Hole winter travel guide, Jackson Hole is truly an incredible place and I recommend everyone goes if they have a chance! As always, thanks for reading!
Karen M (@gpsneededblog) says
Sounds like such an amazing trip! I’ll have to add it to my bucket list!
Thanks so much Karen! Yes definitely add it to your bucket list x